The kidneys are located in the upper abdominal cavity right beneath the rib cage and have a bean-shape.They are responsible for :
- detoxifying the body,
- eliminating waste material through urine,
- filtering the excess water retained in the body,
- regulating the levels of calcium and phosphate
- transporting the oxygen and other important nutrients throughout the body.
If your kidneys are malfunctioning you might experience :
- respiratory difficulties,
- change in color and amount of urine,
- feeling cold most of the time,
- tiredness or fatigue,
- itchy skin,
- bad breath
- sudden pain in the body.
To protect your kidneys you need to watch out on :
Insufficient Water Intake
- Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily .
Consuming Too Much Coffee
- Drink coffee in moderation- 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day.
High Salt Consumption
- To avoid kidney damage and high blood pressure DON’T consume more than 5 grams of salt a day.
Drinking Too Much Alcohol
- Drink alcohol in moderation about 2 drinks per day.
Lack of Sleep
- The best is to sleep 6-8 hours every night to keep the organs properly running.
Thanks for reading …